playoffs: West Diablo League & Oakland Diocese
Click link for the West Diablo League Playoff Schedule: West Diablo Playoff Schedule
For information on the Boys American Diocese playoffs, including fact sheets, brackets and schedule, visit the Oakland Diocese CYO Website: Oakland Diocese Basketball Website
Coaches qualifying for Boys American Diocese playoffs should see information on the mandatory team representative meeting at the bottom of this page
The schedules for the National Boys NIT playoff and Girls American Diocese playoff have not yet been published
*Please review notes at the bottom of this page for additional playoff information for West Diablo and Diocese playoffs
Boys Divisions Playoff Dates and Details for Grades 2nd through 8th:
Girls Divisions Playoff Dates and Details for Grades 3rd through 8th:
*Boy National Divisions: 3rd through 8th grade teams qualify for the NIT playoffs.
*Boy American Divisions: 3rd through 8th grade teams qualify for the Oakland Diocese playoffs.
*Girl American Divisions: 4th through 6th grade teams qualify for the Oakland Diocese playoffs.
Oakland Diocese Playoff:
Two teams from each applicable Boy and Girl American Division will advance to the Diocese playoffs, per the following guidelines.
- The winner of the West Diablo League regular season, will advance to the Diocese playoffs as the number 2 seed.
- The winner of the West Diablo League playoffs, will advance to the Diocese playoffs as the number 1 seed.
- If the West Diablo League winner, is also the West Diablo playoff winner, then the 2nd place team from the West Diablo playoffs will advance to the Diocese playoffs as the number 2 seed.
For Boys American teams participating in the Diocese playoffs, a mandatory meeting will be held on 2/17, at 6pm, at the St. Bede Parish Small Gym, located at 26950 Patrick Ave., Hayward. Coaches must bring their official team roster and proof of birthdate materials to the meeting (additional information is on the playoff fact sheet posted to the Diocses Website Basketball page.
Tie Breaker Guidelines for the West Diablo League Playoff :
Boys American Division (4th through 8th Grades):
- If one or more teams tie for the first place playoff seed, then their regular season win / loss record, for head to head play, will determine the first place seed; if the teams split their regular season head to head games, a playoff game will determine the first place seed.
- If one or more teams tie for the second through fourth place playoff seeds, the following guidelines will determine the playoff seed, and advancement to playoffs:
- A comparison on how each team did against all teams that finished ahead of them will be conducted, comparing their win/loss record from the first place team downward until the tie is broken.
- if this comparison does not determine all seeds, then a review on how each team did in their regular season head to head play against teams with worse win/loss records will determine the team seeds;
- If all comparisons fail to determine playoff seeds, a coin flip will determine the remaining playoff seeds and advancement to playoffs.
Boys & Girls National Divisions (All Grades) / Girls American Division (All Grades) / Boys American (2nd & 3rd Grades):
- A coin flip between the tied teams will determine playoff seeds and advancement to playoffs.